Automatic mux discovery find muxes multiple times on Hotbird 13E
|Assignee:||Andreas Öman||% Done:|
|Found in version:||2.12||Affected Versions:|
while poking at Tvheadend to resolve bug #249 I found that automatic mux discovery is not working properly for Hotbird 13E.
Attached is the list of muxes found by Tvheadend 2.12 on Hotbird 13E after manually adding 3 or 4 known and correct muxes and setting autodetect muxes to "on". It finds 136 muxes, and several are found multiple times with slightly different frequencies.
As documented in bug #249, this interferes with scanning for services. Left on its own, Tvheadend found about 1500 services on the 136 muxes it discovered. If I disable automatic mux discovery once the scan is complete, delete the superfluous muxes and re-run a full scan, 1868 services are found on the remaining 94 muxes. This behaviour is hard to recreate exactly, as depending on the number of manually added initial muxes and the sequence of autodetecting muxes, different numbers of muxes and services are found.
I also changed src/linuxtv_muxes.h to correspond to the muxes listed on http://de.kingofsat.net/pos-13.0E.php and populated the mux table using the "Add DVB network by location" while mux autodetect was set to "off". This finds 1897 services on 103 muxes. kingofsat.net lists 2063 services.