Showtime freezes when playing Tvheadend recordings
|Assignee:||ramaza -||% Done:|
|Found in version:||3.0||Platform:||Linux|
I have MKV recordings from Tvheadend 2.12 that don't play well on Showtime when VDPAU is enabled.
The problem appears when I seek forward in recordings. I think it'S only when I seek over specific parts of the recording.
The screen freezes and is sometimes completely black, sometimes shows a still picture of the last frame and sometimes has weird colors and patterns. Sound moves on normal. If I press STOP or BACK a few times I am able to get out of this. If I wait too long I have to kill showtime.
- I have seen this freezes with different DVB-S standard resolution recordings from Tvheadend 2.12.
- I have to seek forward and backward a few times and sooner or later the error appears.
- It appears on a very new Gentoo+Showtime system and on a 1 year old Ubuntu+Showtime system.
- The problem doesn't disappear when I remerge the MKV file with mkvmerge.
- It doesn't appear with other MKV files (not from Tvheadend).
- When VDPAU is disabled I can seek forward and backward like wild without producing a freeze.
I am not sure if it's an error in the MKV file or in Showtime?