decoding issues: h264 track in mkv container
|Found in version:||3.3.264.g03b4f||Platform:||PS3|
I just tried a current build on the ps3 (3.3.264.g03b4f) and it seems i can't play any of my (self-encoded) dvd rips properly. Audio is fine, but the video shows those nasty encoding artifacts (as if keyframes were missing, after some cuts in the video the image "freezes" at all parts of the screen which contain no movement).
The issue occurs on all my self-encoded files, but they all share the same codecs, resolution, bitrate, so i'm pretty sure i didn't mess the files up (video was encoded with x264, AC3 audio came directly from the DVD and the mkv files were muxed with mkvmerge. mkvalidate prints a few warnings about clusters not starting with a keyframe, but no errors).
Streaming over DLNA or copying the file to the PS3 HDD doesn't make a difference.
All the files i tried work fine with Showtime 3.2.
I do, of course, have sample files to test, but i would rather not upload them here, because they contain copyrighted material. But I'll send a link to a sample file to email@example.com in a few minutes.
#7 Updated by Poseidon Pontomedon over 1 year ago
I'm currently using 3.3.289.ge292f.
Yes, seems right. I just tried the same file i sent you with all subs removed and didn't see any artifacts anymore.
Funny thing is i don't get the pixel errors anymore when playing the file with subs, but what i still get are some issues with the playback speed (didn't mention that before, because the pixel errors were far more noticeable). It seems that every few seconds a short time is played in slow motion, then the video catches up with the audio again (plays too fast) and then the playback is normal for another few seconds.