Tvheadend have been moved to its own domain https://tvheadend.org
Showtime: Showtime 4.2 released (1 comment)
Showtime 4.2 released.
Download it here. The list of changes are also available on that page.
- Virtual keyboard
- Integration with thetvdb.com
- Chapter support for movies
- Support for subtitle plugins
And as usual, a lot of bugs squashed
Tvheadend: Tvheadend 3.2.18 (5 comments)
This is a patch release for the 3.2 series. It includes several bug fixes detected in the last few weeks, most are fairly minor however its still recommended that all users upgrade.
For more details about what has changed please read the changelog.
If you are using the official PPA you simply need run:
sudo apt-get install tvheadend
Tvheadend: Tvheadend 3.2 (8 comments)
Please accept that the issue tracker and changelog etc. are not as complete as we'd like. Given the large changes that have happened, both in terms of software and the development team, it has been a struggle to get everything perfectly up to date. Hopefully this will improve going forward.
We'd like to thank all those that have helped during the beta testing. And all our users for being patient, its been a long time coming.
And just to wet the appetites for what should be coming in the next 3.4 release, here are couple of the things we're hoping to be working on:
- DVB adapter/mux management (particularly for multi tuner setups)
- DVR Improvements (more options, etc...)
- Timeshift (yes, it will finally happen, one way or another)
Tvheadend: Tvheadend 3.2 beta (7 comments)
The Tvheadend team is proud to announce that the new 3.2 release has now entered feature freeze and beta builds (for Ubuntu) are now available from here.
This release represents the first official release from the new development team. Mostly it comprises of a lot of bug fixes for several of the outstanding issues that have been logged in the issue tracker for some time.
However it does include some new features:
1. Muxer framework - A new muxer framework has been implemented to allow the possibility to enable multiple different recording and streaming formats. Currently only MKV and TS are supported, but others may be added in the future.
1. TS recording - It is once again possible to have Tvheadend recording in TS format, this is selectable from the DVR configuration page. This is currently done using the Pass-through container.
2. TS HTTP streaming - this is also now possible, currently there is no way to change the default container so you must specify the container in the URI. For TS streaming append ?mux=pass to the URI. Currently the UI links (VLC plugin etc...) do not allow this to be selected.
3. EPG rewrite - The EPG code has had a complete rewrite, it now includes more structure internally, has the ability to process and store additional metadata including series links and episode identifiers (where available - depends on EPG grabber).
4. EPG grabber updates - In conjunction with the re-write of the EPG, the grabber framework has been updated. This includes addition of several new broadcast grabbers:
- OpenTV (for sky UK/IT/AU support)
- Freesat/view (UK only)
But in addition the standard EIT grabber has been improved as has the XMLTV grabber, to include processing of additional fields.
5. HTSPv6 - the HTSP protocol has had some minor updates to improve some aspects of performance, mainly relating to EPG. For XBMC users with the latest pvr.hts addon from https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons, this should greatly reduce the EPG import time.
6. Adapter Power saving - several options have been added to reduce power consumption from the DVB adapters by shutting them down when not in use. However we have found this causes problems with some adapters, so if you experience performance issues with these options please try disabling them first before reporting issues.
The focus over the coming weeks will be on bug fixing (critical issues) and documentation as we head towards an official release later this month.
The Tvheadend Team
Showtime: Showtime 4.0 released (6 comments)
Showtime 4.0 is finally released.
Download it here. The list of changes are also available on that page.
- New UI design
- Self upgrade of both Showtime itself (only on PS3) and all plugins (all platforms)
- Automatically load metadata from themoviedb.org
- Improved support for subtitles (in particular external ASS/SSA files and vobsub files)
- Support for on screen keyboard on PS3
- Buttons on PS3 dual shock controller have changed their meaning a bit: See PS3 usage guide for details
- Each focusable item have a dedicated popup menu (Use □ button on dual shock controller for this)
- File browsing will sort folders first and then files. Sorting can be adjusted in the per page menu (△ on dual shock controller)
- Lots of bug fixes
- ... + more stuff I've forgotten
Try it out!
See you soon
Tvheadend: Tvheadend Reloaded (4 comments)
As many people will be aware Andreas, the project founder, has not been actively developing Tvheadend for quite some time. However following recent discussions he has agreed to open the project up and its with great please that we can now announce that Tvheadend is a fully fledged community project.
The git repository has moved to a new home https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend. And a small Team of developers has been assembled to help maintain the project. Forums, Wiki, etc.. will continue to be hosted here on lonelycoder.com.
Before anyone gets worried though, this does not mean the end of Andreas, he will continue to act as Project Lead. And we're actually hoping that with the team around him he's going to rejoin the fray and start doing some more work on Tvheadend.
We've created a new official release to replace the somewhat ageing v2.12 release. This includes many of the patches and additions (many provided by the community) since Andreas stopped actively developing Tvheadend.
It mostly represents a stopgap solution while we collect ourselves and put together a release based on the current work being undertaken (some of which is already in the git master).
For XBMC users, the builds provided by Lars Op den Kamp http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/, will probably remain the best source for the short term.
This will be a new "development" build, it may not be as stable as v3.0, but it will hopefully include lots of cool new features including (though not limited to):
- EPG Rewrite (including OpenTV, Freesat/Freeview support).
- New Muxer (to allow additional containers to be used, such as TS).
- Transcoding support (useful to users of handheld devices).
At this stage we have no definite plans for a release, we're still trying to find our feet and evaluate the current state of the various development threads. However we hope to be able to provide more input in the next couple of weeks.
The will be the next "official" release of Tvheadend. It should hopefully include most of the features being developed in v3.1. But should have had more extensive testing and will be considered stable.
By this point we hope to have in place plans for providing official packages and hopefully a PPA to allow users to easily upgrade. The exact details of how this will all work are still under discussion.
Showtime: Showtime 4.0 XMB icon contest (2 comments)
Showtime 4.0 is coming up and we could use a new XMB icon.
See this thread for more info!
Hi everyone, I want to inform you that My Playlists is disabled in the current released version due to excessive bandwidth it was causing.
The version 0.9.5 that will be released in near future will fix those problems and re-enable My Playlists. Until then, you're not gonna be able to access any online playlist in which you are the creator.
Hint: Due to this issue, I suggest any Navi-X user in Showtime to disable the login popup in the settings.
I'm really sorry for this problem and it will be fixed as soon as possible.
After looking more in this specific issue, My Playlists stays active, what is disabled is the creation of playlists as well adding/removing entries to them.
I recently wrote a guide how to setup Showtime on a HTPC. See the Ubuntu HTPC wiki page.
Also available in: Atom